The Little Otter Difference
Little Otter Swim School provides Charlotte families with an alternative to “typical” swim lessons. We proudly provide year-round, small group instruction in our warm indoor swimming pool where parents can watch their children’s progress from the comfortable viewing gallery.
Our instructors are experienced caring professionals who have a passion for teaching swimming and water safety. Our state of the art pool sanitation system lets your child swim in a sparkling-clean pool without the chlorine effects of red eyes, itchy skin, green hair or sensitivity to chlorine in the air. We teach children in a manner that is respectful of their physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
1) Safety - Children must be able to trust their teacher before they can learn. Demonstrate behaviors that show children that you will always keep them safe and protected.
2) Love – Children must feel important and cared about before they can trust. Demonstrate behaviors that show children that you care about them.
3) Fun – Children learn through play. Play is important work for children. Keep the lessons fun, challenging and creative!
4) Love of Learning – Children who develop a love of learning have a skill that will be valuable throughout life. Provide an opportunity for children to experience and witness the excitement of accepting challenges, the thrill of overcoming obstacles, and the adventure of learning a new skill!
5) Developmentally Appropriate – Children learn best when they are taught in ways that are sensitive to their stage of development. All lessons are to be designed and taught according to what is socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively appropriate for each particular age group.