We are excited to offer Excel Swim Team at Little Otter. This program gives our more advanced students an opportunity to take their swimming to the next level. It is currently only offered at our Huntersville facility. Excel offers several levels of team programming most days of the week. Each squad works on a specific set of skills as they master the four competitive strokes and learn how to swim an Individual Medley.
Swimmers will advance through the squads as they hone their skills and make individual progress. Swimmers can enroll and drop during the year, we just ask for a 30 day notice of dropping so that we can plan accordingly.
- Children must be 6 years old or older.
- Swimmer must pass the Blazing Barracuda swim level or pass a scheduled swim test.
- 6 children will be in each lane and each coach will manage one or more lanes.
- Excel Swim Team will only be offered in Huntersville at this time.
- Each class will last 45 minutes.
- Monthly cost for Excel Swim Team will be $75 per month for one lesson per week. Other standard discounts for siblings and multiple classes apply.
The real difference in our team program is that it is more of a teaching environment and as such, our coaches will spend most of their time in the water with students.
Excel Swim Team Levels
Requirements: 6 Years old and older who have graduated from
Blazing Barracuda and can swim at least 25 yards with reasonable technique.
Excel-Free and Back Squad
Requirements: The ability to swim 25 yards freestyle and back-
stroke with good technique and excellent freestyle and backstroke
kick drills. The goal is to increase endurance and learn to race
freestyle and backstroke.
Requirements: 50 yards freestyle and 50 yards backstroke with
continuous excellent technique including proper turns. The goal is
Requirements: 100 yards freestyle, 100 yards backstroke and 50
yards legal breastroke with excellent technique. The goal is to learn
Requirements: 200 yards freestyle, 200 yards backstroke, 100 yards
breaststroke and 50 yards butterfly with excellent technique. The
goal is to learn 100 yard individual medley, starts, turns and relay
exchanges for all strokes.