Each family is billed by direct debit or credit card on the first business day of each month. Some families do prefer to pay in other ways, including taking the option to pay for three months in advance, (or quarterly billing.)
If a payment is not made on time, or a direct debit is denied, the customer will be notified by an automated email, as well as an email from our business manager alerting you to the problem and allowing 5-7 days to remedy the issue. After the 7th day a $10 late fee will be assessed to the parents account.
If the customer does not provide a new method of payment, or otherwise correct the payment problem within 15 days of notification the student will be dropped from the class. (An email will be sent and a phone call made to the family at multiple points during this process with ample notifications.)
At Little Otter Swim School, we believe that children are most successful in a consistent learning environment. Because of this, we encourage you to attend your regularly scheduled swim class as often as possible.
We also realize that our families sometimes have unavoidable conflicts and cannot attend their lessons. Therefore, as a courtesy to our customers, we offer unlimited make-ups. If your family is consistently missing more than one class per month, please let our customer service staff assist you in finding a time that better suits your needs.
- Scheduling the make-up class can only be done at the front desk when you come in.
- Make-ups are based on availability and are not guaranteed.
- We do not guarantee the same teacher for your make-up class.
- You may not receive any type of credit for a missed class.
- The make-up class option expires 60 days following the absence.
- Make-ups cannot be rescheduled (we do not offer to “make-up” a make-up).
- We cannot provide make-up classes for the following students: Lionfish special needs classes
- We also cannot provide back-to-back classes as a make-up option for our Otter Baby Students
Because adding an additional student in the class may disrupt the consistency and integrity of the class setting, we do not recommend make-up classes if your child:
- Is still upset or anxious about any aspect of the swim lesson experience (strangers, noise, separation anxiety, water, submersion, etc)
- Is sensitive to change (time, teacher, environment)
Because we are dealing with young children and water, it is imperative that the safety and quality of our swim lessons take priority over any scheduling needs. Therefore, certain classes may not be available for make-ups. Our Deck Managers and Head Aquatics Leader will carefully consider the needs of the students, the teacher, and the class as a whole before determining if adding a student for a make-up is feasible.
Little Otter does not offer trial lessons, instead we suggest you come in for a visit and watch a class. We believe trial lessons are not fair to your child. Sometimes, it may take a few lessons before a child can adjust to a new environment.
Part of our philosophy is to love them first, and we work hard to build the bond of trust between your child and the instructor.
We do offer a money back guarantee, if you are not happy during your first 2 months of lessons, we will refund your money. All we ask is to let us know why you are unhappy and give us the opportunity to solve the problem.