Charlotte and Huntersville, North Carolina
Imagine being a child’s first teacher, and helping prepare them for a lifetime of fun. Our instructors are at the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the Little Otter experience special.
If you are energetic, creative, and excited by daily challenges, then we have the job for you. Our instructors help drive Little Otter’s values, creating an environment and a community where all feel welcome in a warm learning environment. We strive to create amazing experiences – not only for our students and their families but also for fellow employees.
- An amazing mission. Giving children the life-saving skill of swimming and life-long memories of you as their teacher.
- Friendly, supportive, and fun environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Fun company outings.
- Paid training and a starting wage of $10 to $16 per hour once you complete training.
- A career path with growth opportunities in management.
- If you progress to full-time, we offer paid vacation, health insurance, and 401K.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Making sure everyone is safe.
- Loving students and then teaching them to swim.
- Being a team player.
- Completion of required training.
- Following the Little Otter Curriculum and being focused on children’s happiness, well-being, and progression through our program.
- Caring and compassion for children.
- Ability to work in the water for periods of up to 6 hours and up to 25 hours per week.
- Strong communication skills.
- Great attitude and willingness to be coached.
- The ability to focus in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to commit to 1 year of employment.
- The ability to work a consistent schedule once your own classes have been assigned.