IN MATTHEWS & HUNTERSVILLE
At Little Otter Swim School, we offer intermediate swim lessons to those children at the beginning of their path to becoming an independent swimmer.
As children beginning to form friendships and becoming more independent, knowing how to swim will not only be a socially enjoyable hobby, but also a lifesaving skill. Because you may not always be able to accompany your child to the pool, beach, or lake, knowing that they are a comfortable swimmer will put your mind at ease.
CHOOSING A CLASS FOR YOUR CHILD
Read through the different swim levels described below, and based on your child’s ability, register your child for the appropriate class. If you have any questions, give us a call at 704-209-4952. See below for our registration process.
CHOOSE YOUR CHILD’S CLASS
This level transitions students from safety swimming with the rollover breath to competitive beginner freestyle techniques.
- The gross motor skills of our students in this level are challenged as they must maintain simultaneous movements of head, arms, and legs.
- Proper breath control technique is stressed as these students move into building endurance.
- Technical breakdown of the freestyle stroke also begins at this level.
rerequisite for This Class:
- Swimming 20 feet and achieving independent breaths, independent floats, intermediate propulsion techniques
Final Goal of this Class:
- Unilateral side breathing 30 feet, streamline kicks, back kicks, windmill arms, 6 beat kick
Register your child today!
- Prerequisite: swimming 20 feet and achieving independent breaths, independent floats, intermediate propulsion techniques
- Final Goal: Unilateral side breathing 30 feet, streamline kicks, back kicks, windmill arms, 6 beat kick
Blazing Barracudas transition the unilateral side breathing learned in the prior level into the traditional freestyle stroke, which is bilateral side breathing to both sides.
In addition to refining freestyle technique, our teachers continue to:
- Build the endurance of their students.
- The elementary backstroke is taught from start to finish in this level. This stroke is a safety stroke rather than a competitive stroke, but is essential if ever faced with an open water situation.
Prerequisite for this Class:
- Swimming 30 feet with several unilateral side breaths, back kicks 25 feet
Final Goal for this Class:
- Bilateral breathing freestyle 60 feet, bent arm recovery, streamline into freestyle, elementary backstroke 40 feet
Register your child today!
Our Registration Process
Assessment: When you register your child, you will be asked to provide the preferred location , child’s first name and birthdate, and provide answers to assessment questions.
Recommended Class: Once you’ve provided the above information, we will recommend a class.
Choosing a Day and Time: If you choose to move forward with this class, you will be asked to choose a class time and day. Anything highlighted in yellow is available.
Registering: The last step will be the completion of a registration form where you will be asked for your contact information, child or children’s name, age and gender, ending with payment information.
If you have any questions, let us know at 704-209-4952.