At Little Otter Swim School, we believe that children are most successful in a consistent learning environment. Because of this, we encourage you to attend your regularly scheduled swim class as often as possible.
We also realize that our families sometimes have unavoidable conflicts and cannot attend their lessons. Therefore, as a courtesy to our customers, we offer unlimited make-ups. If your family is consistently missing more than one class per month, please let our customer service staff assist you in finding a time that better suits your needs.
- Scheduling the make-up class can only be done at the front desk when you come in.
- Make-ups are based on availability and are not guaranteed.
- We do not guarantee the same teacher for your make-up class.
- You may not receive any type of credit for a missed class.
- The make-up class option expires 60 days following the absence.
- Make-ups cannot be rescheduled (we do not offer to “make-up” a make-up).
- We cannot provide make-up classes for the following students: Lionfish special needs classes
- We also cannot provide back-to-back classes as a make-up option for our Otter Baby Students
Because adding an additional student in the class may disrupt the consistency and integrity of the class setting, we do not recommend make-up classes if your child:
- Is still upset or anxious about any aspect of the swim lesson experience (strangers, noise, separation anxiety, water, submersion, etc)
- Is sensitive to change (time, teacher, environment)
Because we are dealing with young children and water, it is imperative that the safety and quality of our swim lessons take priority over any scheduling needs. Therefore, certain classes may not be available for make-ups. Our Deck Managers and Head Aquatics Leader will carefully consider the needs of the students, the teacher, and the class as a whole before determining if adding a student for a make-up is feasible.